We are proud to announce that Shell and Lockheed Martin will be each sponsoring a scholarship for attendees of the conference! The Lockheed Martin application is open until March 25th, 2019. The Shell application is open until March 26th, 2019. Information is listed below and can also be found in the email regarding scholarships.
SASE Regional Conference 2019 - Shell Scholarship
Shell Oil Company will be awarding one attendee a $200 scholarship. The recipient will be an individual who not only excels academically, but also gives back to his or her community. The 2019 application process is effective now and will remain open through March 26th, 2019. The scholarship is open to students meeting the following criteria.
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee, temporary resident, or an individual who possesses valid work authorization. Individuals with temporary visas (H-1, H-2, J-1, F-1, etc.) or who require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible.
- Enrolled as a freshman, sophomore or junior for the current 2018 – 2019 academic year.
- Must be enrolled full-time in year of the scholarship award (2019 -2020).
- Have a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on 4.0 scale
- Major in one of the following disciplines: geology, geophysics or physics, chemical, civil, electrical, environmental, mechanical, petroleum, geological, or geophysical engineering.
- Must be in underrepresented minority group – Asian/Pacific Islander
Applicants must email a copy of their resume (including GPA) to on or before March 26th, 2019. Please use subject line- “Shell Scholarship Submission.”
SASE Regional Conference 2019 Lockheed Martin Scholarship
Lockheed Martin will be awarding one attendee a $200 scholarship. The deadline to apply is March 25th, 2019. The requirements to be eligible is as follows:
Enrolled as a freshman, sophomore or junior for the current 2018 – 2019 academic year.
Must be enrolled full-time in year of the scholarship award (2019 -2020).
Have a minimum 3.20 cumulative GPA (will not be rounded) on 4.0 scale
Choose one of the three topics below and write a 300 word essay.
Describe a time you had a vision and you worked towards making it a reality.
Describe a time you had to use applied learning to learn a new skill on the spot.
In your field of study, what do you think is the right direction forward for the future of your industry, and how do you plan to contribute to this change?
Applicants must email a copy of their resume (including GPA) and their essay to email@example.com on or before March 25th, 2019. Please use subject line- “Lockheed Scholarship Submission.” List your first and last name you registered with in the body of the email.